Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 35

Well, it has officially been snowing for 48 hours. Yikes! And its supposed to snow all day today. Prayers for safety are appreciated.

Things have been pretty slow. My companion was sick all week so we didn't get a whole lot done. BUT we had an AMAZING miracle happen! One of the days my companion was sick I decided that I NEEDED to get out to work. So I arranged for my companion to be with our Bishop's wife for the day and I played phone tag and arranged between 3 different members to go out with them for our appointments. All of them native speakers, mind you! Honestly, the outcome of that day should not have been possible for someone who doesn't know Spanish. The gift of tongues is SO real. The lessons we had were absolutely amazing and filled with the Spirit. I spoke with clarity that I have never had, and was able to understand so much more than I ever have. I was able to use words and phrases I had never used and had very little grammar problems, which I greatly struggle with on a regular basis.

I prayed for a miracle, and I got one. The power of prayer is so real. I pleaded with Heavenly Father for the ability to understand everything that was being said, and I did. Every. Single. Word. Just from that one experience, my faith has grown leaps and bounds.

Last week all of the missionaries around the world gathered to hear a Missionary Broadcast of how we can be more successful in bringing people unto Christ. The biggest thing I learned from that was to testify of Christ in ALL THINGS. I will never go a day on my mission (or after) that I wont testify of the Savior in some way. Our testimonies are one of the most powerful things we own.

I know that Heavenly Father and Christ live. I know that they have so much good in store for us in this life and the life to come. How blessed I feel to be able to teach people about this everyday and to bear his name every day I wake up. The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is restored here on the earth in its integrity, and I know this because I have read the scriptures for myself, and I have prayed to know, for myself. I know that when we ask God with real intent, he will give us the answer that we need. I know that we have prophets and apostles today who testify solely of Jesus Christ and not of their own authority. I know that their authority is that of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior, my big brother, Jesus Christ. I love my Heavenly Father. This is my simple witness and testimony as a representative and little sister of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love,
Hermana Voss


Pictures from my Spanish Mama!!!!  The first two are of her funeral :P and the third is of her sweet grandma whom I had the pleasure of meeting before Hermana Moody went home!



No comments:

Post a Comment