Monday, November 2, 2015

P-Day! I'm running out of titles for my subject lines. Week 22 (weird!)

Hello Friends and Family!

Things have been AWESOME here in Lakewood. My companions and I are calling ourselves Murdock's Power Trio because we have been working SO hard, being SO tired, and seeing miracles every day! God is amazing!

This week I mostly want to talk to ya'll about the personal studies I have been having with my Book of Mormon readings. I started reading the Book of Mormon wanting to learn more about Faith. How I can develop my faith, how I can help others develop their faith, and how faith influences us daily. Etc.

First epiphany, II Nephi 9:18, "But behold, righteous the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God...." At the beginning of my mission I was SO afraid to tell people what church we were with. But now, saying "we are from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" is something that fills my heart with joy. When we have deep rooted faith in Christ, we do not bear shame when carrying the name (cross) of Christ. We endure the good, bad, and the ugly that comes with the title of being a latter-day saint. Elder Holland gave a talk and said something along the lines of (I'm totally paraphrasing here) "it is never easy because Salvation was NEVER easy. Salvation was not a cheap experience. If it wasn't easy for Christ, what makes us think it would ever be easy for us?" If we bear the name of Christ with joy we shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Secondly, a cool fact about faith taken from II Nephi 25:25 "For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith, yet we keep the law because of the commandments.". Faith in Christ is what saves us, but our WORKS (keeping the commandments) are (is?) what seals our salvation.

So, for next week, I probably wont be able to email until Tuesday because we have one of the Seventy coming to visit our mission on Monday. Elder Wilford W. Anderson, the one who gave the talk about The Music of the Gospel in April conference. Pretty cool, right?! We are all super excited!

I love you all and will do my best to email Tuesday. Right now we have to go because we have interviews with our Mission President today.

Love,

Sister Voss

My companions have never carved pumpkins before. An obligatory initiating pumpkin gut picture was needed.
My pumpkin for Halloween :)


Our Pumpkins L to R- Sister Voss's WA & CO love, Sister Beaman's (they're supposed to be bunny's) and Sister Davies' epic Harry Potter glasses complete with lightning bolt.

We ate dinner at Chipotle on Halloween and the COOLEST family came in. They are all characters from Mario. I walked up to them and said "So I know you have NO idea who I am, but before I go, can my companion and I get a picture with y'all?" So rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment