Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 27

Here I am still in Lakewood but on the dark side speaking Spanish! I just love it!

This last week we had Stake Conference (La Conferencia de Estaca) which was super cool! We had a visiting 70 speak to us, Elder Grow. The topic was members and missionaries working together.

My challenge to all of you is to invite the Missionaries over for dinner, even if you're not a member. (at least once a month because it is REALLY hard to live on MSF funds alone when you rely solely on other people to feed you dinner). Also, ask them if there are any allergies. That is a story for another time, and either give them a referral (We know you know people who need the gospel so don't hide it) and or to find an hour to go out with them sometime this month! Brothers and Sisters, we (as missionaries) CANNOT do this work without you, and you can't do it without us. We have to work together. I know you may think it is scary, and you don't want to breach relationships, but everyone on earth deserves to hear this gospel, or else why would they be here?!

Okay, now I'm off my soap box. I love you all and I love, love, love this work. Despite the FREEZING temperatures! But its okay. Hand warmers save lives. Thank you Mama Sue and Papa Steve, my phalanges thank you!

The Spanish culture is AWESOME. I love these people to death! There is a lot of cheek kissing, which is really weird when an old man does it and you've been in white culture for the past 5 months and are used to shaking hands with everyone of the male gender. Es muy raro! (Its really weird). Also, the food. Can we just take a minute to talk about Spanish food. Its ridiculously good. And I'm NEVER hungry. Every time we go into someones house (member or not) we are fed and or given something edible to take with us. It is a think of beauty. PS. I'm NEVER buying walmart Tortilla's again. I had real flour tortilla's the other day and I almost cried because they were so amazing!

Okay, so this email was really not all that spiritual. But I will have more words of spirituality next week. Lol

I encourage all of you to take the time to look at the Christmas initiative videos from this year and last year, and decide what you are going to give Christ this year :)



Here is my new address:
7160 W. Cedar Ave
APT #1
Denver CO, 80226

Con mucho amor,


Hermana Voss
Sister Davies and I. A goofy picture is always necessary!
 
Mi Madre y yo! (My mother and I) She is my mother because she is my first Spanish Companion and training me!

No comments:

Post a Comment