Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week 13

Sorry this is all so late everyone! I forgot that Monday was Labor Day.... In missionary land you don't really have holidays so you think, "why should the rest of the world?" Then on Saturday night we received a text from our Mission President to our whole mission stating that he wanted us to wait and have P-day on Wednesday. So here I am, emailing on Wednesday

GOOD NEWS! I'm still in Fruita! YAY!

OTHER.... Weird news.... I'M TRAINING!!!

So here is the news! I am here in Fruita still! Yay! My address is still the W Pabor Wy. :) Unfortunately, Sister Kenworthy is still sick, so she is on the Metro side where she has access to doctors, which means I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Ytack (ee-tack) and she is from California! She is an absolute doll and I'm so excited to have her here in Fruita with me! We are going to work hard and see some amazing miracles! I can feel it!

I was very sad to part with Sister Kenworthy! We have gotten so close. She isn't just a companion, she is a sister of my heart! We were so sure we were going to be together for another transfer. But that Lord had other plans, and that includes her getting back to good health. We hope to be able to serve together again, though.

This last week Sister Kenworthy and I gave service to a single mom here in Fruita and we got our district in on the action. We did yard work for about 4 hours on Thursday afternoon and we had a HYSTERICAL time! We worked hard and laughed even harder! I'll send pictures in the next couple of emails :)

What else???? Oh yes! Yesterday was my first day as a full-fledged missionary. I am no longer a greeny! (Greeny is a term we have in the mission for a missionary who is still in their first 12 weeks)

Saturday we got our transfer calls, but President Murdock was the one calling us. He usually doesn't call unless you are being called to leadership, whitewashing, or training. I knew for a fact I was not being called to be a Sister Training Leader and I didn't think Sis. Kenworthy would be because she has only been out for 6 months..... Surprise!!!! So, the stork visited me and brought me my first Daughter in the mission straight from the MTC :) her name is Sister Ytac (ee-tack)  and she is absolutely adorable!  She is very shy and timid but I have absolutely no doubt she will warm up quickly and be an amazing disciple of Christ. She is a choice soul!

I'm SO stinking surprised that I was asked to train. In my interview with President Murdock this last transfer he had told me that there were only two Sisters coming out in this transfer so I wasn't going to train, but that I probably would within the next couple of transfers. I'm sitting there thinking, "NO PROBLEM there! There is no way I'm ready to train someone else! I'm just finishing BEING trained!"..... SURPRISE! I'm training. What in the world?!?! I'm the first in our district from our MTC group that is training, and I feel like I am the LEAST qualified and prepared for this! SO.... now all of a sudden I'm a trainer, senior companion, and I've taken over an area that I really haven't worked in much!

But Heavenly Father doesn't make mistakes. He obviously told President I would be a good trainer for some reason.... I just have a hard time figuring out that reason! I need all of the prayers I can get this transfer, and I'm pretty sure I will be spending a TON of time on my knees praying and pleading for guidance! Monday afternoon rolled around and I had a full out panic-attack because I was so nervous. Keep praying for me, please!

I love you all and I'm so excited to start my third transfer out here on the mission!

Until next week!

Love,
Sister Voss
 1st Picture: We were given a Green River watermelon by our Ward Mission Leader. Sister Kenworthy and I LITERALLY ate out of it with spoons. No shame.

2nd picture: That would be our crazy district. Elder Kamrowski, Elder Rogers, Elder Green, Elder Lybbert, Elder Sorhus, Elder Power, Yours Truly and Sister Kenworthy

Pic 3: Elder Kamrowski's "funeral" (He is finished with his mission and is now on his way home)

Pic 4: This is from when we did the yard work last week. That bundle is nothing but WEEDS! We pulled them all up from her front yard and then realized we needed to take them to the back yard to burn them with the rest..... So we  decided to grab a rope, tie it up and roll it. Genius and hilarious!

Pic 5- Captain America. Need I say more?
Pic 6- Sister Ytac (ee-tack) and I on our first day together!


No comments:

Post a Comment