Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 7

It's that week! TRANSFERS!!!!!!!!!

Hello all!

I got the call on Saturday Night that I'm being transferred! BUT I don't get to know where until tomorrow at the transfer meeting. Sad that I can't let you know where but I like the element of surprise. I will let you all know my address next P-day. So be sure not to send anything until I let you know! I'm sad to be leaving Delta, the members here have been amazing, the work has been hard, but it has been so worth it. I am really excited to jump into my new area with both feet and to see some miracles!

I can't believe that I've been on my mission for almost 2 months! So weird.

Okay, so "jeeping". Holy. Amazing. I've found another something I really like! Basically "Jeeping" is going driving up in the mountains in a Jeep- original right? (usually a Rubicon) you get to go up these GIANT rocks. We went to Ouray (Yur-ray) which is this cute little town at the base of the mountains and reminds me a lot of Port Townsend, and we went up Imogene Pass and at the very top it was over 13,000 feet! Sister Allison (Spanish Speaking Sister in Montrose) and I went with the Br. and Sis. Schiller. They own the jeeps and the Spanish sisters live with them. I'll post some pictures! And I will send my SD card home to Sister Bessey and she can hopefully upload some vids for your enjoyment.

This week was a lot of fun, but really hard, working both my area and that San Juan Sister's area. But I got to use a lot of Spanish again and I can carry on a pretty basic but decent conversation in Spanish now.

This transfer, as many of you know, our entire mission read the Book of Mormon in 42 days (a transfer, and 13 pages a day. Try getting that in in only 1 hour of personal study) and we highlighted every reference to Christ in it. Then in the back, we right down every name/title he is mentioned as. I have over 120 of them, and I'm almost positive I missed quite a few. Among my favorites are Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, and Redeemer. I've gone through 2 highlighters because of how much I was highlighting. I'm sure we all know that the Book of Mormon is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ, but I didn't realize just HOW much it was a testament of him. There are some chapters where it is entirely highlighted! My testimony of the BoM and my Saviour has grown immensely and I am so grateful that while I am being strengthened and helping the light of Christ within me to grow and I love that I'm able to help others find the light of Christ within themselves and to help them cultivate it!

Friends and family, I encourage and invite every single one of you to read the book of Mormon for yourselves in 60 days. That's 8.5 pages a day. If you don't have a copy, I can get one to you easy! Just let me know!  Along with reading, I challenge you to highlight every reference to Jesus Christ within its pages. You will need 2 highlighters at least! And every day, before you read it, ask our Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, if it is true. I promise that if you put forth the effort, you WILL receive an answer, and more importantly I promise that you WILL come to know that this book truly testifies of Christ and that He is our big brother, Savior, and Redeemer. He lives, and he loves each and every one of you and he KNOWS who you are and what you need even before know you need it! As a representative of Christ on this earth, I testify of this, and so much more in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all and I know that missionary work is real. I know that we all have the light of Christ within us, we just have to put forth the effort; exercise faith, and we will come to know truth.

Love,
Sister Voss


Pic1- Hermana Allison and I on our way up to Imogene Pass in the back of the jeep! Google a Jeep Rubicon and you will kind of get an idea of what we were riding in. But ours was just a roll cage, no windows or hard roof.

 Pic 2- WE DROVE UP THAT!!!!!!!!
Pic 3- That's only a FRACTION of what Jeeps can do. Crazy, right? Google "jeeping" and you'll get an idea of some of the things we got to do! But it wasn't really crazy like some of those pics. Still have to make sure the missionaries are safe!

Pic 4- The Columbine is the state flower. It's so beautiful, but illegal to pick! The wildflowers up in the mountains were absolutely gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment